Monday, June 10, 2013

A Little Party Never Killed Nobody


Garrett and I have decided we want to try to entertain at our place at least once every couple weeks.  It has been more difficult since I have started working, but so far we have managed to meet this goal.

The last two gatherings included:

1. Barbecue on the Downfall of the Derg Day, the Marxist regime that ended in 1991. We found out the day before that it was a holiday so it was a very last minute decision to have the party.  Garrett insisted that we needed a tent, which I initially thought was a bit extreme, but for $30, including delivery, set up and take down, how could you refuse a circus tent in your yard.   It was the perfect setting for our new Ethiopian tiki torches and my imported World Market lanterns.  Next time we will have to look into hiring the Addis Ababa circus.




2.  A brunch, inspired by Philadelphia Cream Cheese I found at the store, complete with a delicious egg scramble, pancakes, homemade bagels, fruit salad and an assortment of pork products, imported by our Irish friend Peter.  It took us all day to recover from that food coma.


3 comments:

  1. Did you need the tent because of the leak in the roof??? RJH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since our landlord does not seem to interested to fix the "leak", I have decided to think of it now as an indoor water feature!

      Delete
  2. Looks like fun! When I was in the Frankfurt airport yesterday, they were boarding a flight to Addis Ababa - I thought about changing my ticket, but decided I'd better just return to the states. If only I had known about the party ...
    Thanks to Gary and Sherry for giving you an incentive to blog again!

    ReplyDelete